I had an AWESOME weekend!!! Mom, Jake, and I drove up to MI for Grandma's 78th birthday! It was a BLAST!! We stayed with Uncle Ken and Aunt Michelle Deschepper and their three all-country boys (Kenny, Nate, Danny). Their farm is cool! They have lots of land and a pond out back. They've got cattle, steers, turkeys, chickens, dogs, cats, etc. They normally have pigs too. Anyhow, we had a crowd join us for the bday party: Tim and Cheryl Gross, Uncle Mike and Aunt Mary Wiggett, Uncle John and Aunt Debbie Labadie and their kids JD and Nicky, and Uncle Bob and Aunt Marilyn Labadie. It was almost a family reunion!! Just missing three of the Labadie kids and their kids...It was really nice, since we rarely get to see family! :) We're trying to make it a tradition to get everyone together for Grandma's bday! We did this last year too.
Ok, so, some things that we did....Well, we arrived right at supper time on Friday night. We ate, then we hung around and chatted in the living room. Then, we broke up the party and started to work to get the bday meal all ready....I helped peel carrots. But Jacob and Danny were starting to watch The Pacifier, and I really wanted to see it, so Mom told me to go watch it. haha...gotta love moms! :) The Pacifier is HILARIOUS!! After the movie....I can't exactly remember what we did...I probably hung around Danny and Jacob like I always do. Oh, we played 5,000 a lot...That was fun! (you know, like up-for-grabs, where one person throws the football and everyone else tries to catch it...) It was BEAUTIFUL outside!! Danny, Jake, Naters, JD, Nicki, and I ate outside on their porch for most of the meals. The weather was amazing... :) Ok, what else did we do....? Uncle Ken took Danny, Jake, and I to this cool "toy show" at Perry High maybe 20 minutes from them...It was in the gymnasium, and there were a bunch of tables set up with farm toys (mini farm stuff..very cool hobbie!), books, quilts, crafts, candles, the whole caboodle...And what was funny is that as soon as I walked in, I was like, "no way...I totally dreamed about this several weeks ago..." I'm not kidding! I had a pipe dream...weird. Ok, well, when we got back and some more family arrived, we all took turns riding Nate's four-wheeler!! Danny gave us all rides. lol BUT I wanted to drive by myself on it, but I wasn't sure where I could go exactly (their farm's changing a little...they've got new fences up for cattle, so it's different...), so I drove and Danny jumped on behind me. Poor guy, I gave him lots of heart attacks!!! hahah....it was FUN though!! We went back into the woods and into their big fields behind the pond...it was cool!! Then we had Grandma's bday party with Uncle Mike's wonderful cooking (yeah....NOT good for my diet...)!! Grandma was sooooo funny, I wish you guys could have seen her!! She was cracking us all up when she opened her gifts.....She was reeally enjoying herself! :) Then later that night, Danny, Jake, and I watched Africa Screams (Abbott & Costello...Yes, I love them!!)....I was laughing so hard....Good times, good laughs, good cries....
Sheesh, don't let me be so long-winded next time!!
SOS!! I've got this song stuck in my head......
Monday, March 30, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

what song is it? lol! cool, you got to drive a 4-wheeler! was it hard? or just like any vehicle? lol :)
ReplyDeleteNo, the 4-wheeler's not hard to drive....I was just kinda jerky on it...All you do is push this little throttle and shift up....it's not like a car. lol But, it's easy. :)
ReplyDeletethe song I had in my head was...this song by Breaking Benjamin I think! haha...