Friday, April 3, 2009

God's Word!!!

Lately, I've been really struggling in my spiritual life....I've been falling back into my old sins and habits....And, honestly, it's all just because I haven't been reading God's Word! I haven't had the peace or joy or closeness to God that I used to have...I remember when God was working enormously in my life, and I felt soooo near to God. I would find myself talking to Him throughout the day about little things even, and I had the highest JOY possible just being in His Word and feeling His love....It was AMAZING!!! But for the past several months, my spiritual life has just been at a stand-still. Yesterday I decided that that was enough....I got right with God once again and finally read His Word for myself in the morning. I confessed and prayed for strength. Then I looked up verses with "delight" in them....It was sooo good to get back into the Bible....I had a pretty good day too yesterday, making an effort to talk to God in my heart...I also wanted to end the day with Him, so when I got into bed at around 10, I turned on my little lamp and opened up my old Bible that sits on my head-board...Then I noticed that I had opened up to the very beginning of Psalms, so I figured I'd read that since I love the Psalms!! I read chapters 4 and 5. They were very appropriate for what I was going through...And this might sound stupid, but I get kinda scared in my room at night...I know, I'm a big sissy! Well, I don't know how to explain it, but when I'm deliberately sinning, I feel like I'm opening up myself to Satan, and then, it's almost like I can feel an evil spirit in my room....And, the dark plus the fact that I'm alone doesn't help. (ok, and it doesn't help that I saw this weird TV thing about an evil spirit in a house....creeepy) BUT God's Word is the best cure!! I went to sleep feeling fairly calm....Actually, I almost fell asleep reading my Bible since it was pretty late AND I was lying down....

Well, this morning I woke up and had my devotions...I read Proverbs 3. (I am terrible at keeping a regular Bible-reading schedule!! help!) I try to take notes whenever I read, so it's easier to remember and understand....I also like to illustrate some of the verses or ideas....so I have these funny little sketches in my notebook ...haha Oh, and I got this brilliant idea of making a macrame choker with the words "mercy and truth" on it....inspiration from verse 3: "Let not mercy and truth forsake thee: bind them about thy neck..." AND when I read verse 9, I remembered that I need to be giving God tithe since I'm actually making money now! :) God's Word is very practical, you know! I could go on and on about what I learned or just the verses that really stick out to me!!

It really is amazing how much the Bible affects our walk...Never underestimate the power of God's Word!!!!

1 comment:

  1. AWESOME, RBs!! ;) I also like the choker idea...neat ;) and yes...good reminder about tithing!!!

    ReplyDelete